Breyer Fun Day and Model Horse Show
Breyer Fun Day & Model Horse Show
September 10th, 2022 10:00am - 1:00pm
121 Mill St. Grass Valley
Our annual Breyer Fun Day & Model Horse show event is planned for September 10th, 2022. Sierra will be returning to be our Judge- thank you Sierra! We are looking forward to this fun event!
Retired Breyer Horses are 50% off September 10th and 11th. Click here to see our collection of retired models!
Please note that we follow the directives of Nevada County's Health Department, and if there are any changes to Covid-19 guidelines that impact Breyer Day, we will make an announcement. (But we sincerely hope that the event will go on as planned!)
- Event Overview
- Class List & Rules
- There is no need to sign up or RSVP- just come on down!
- There is a $5 entry fee, please pay at the event
- The event takes place outdoors in our parking lot behind the store from 10:00am to 1:00 pm. Judging starts at 10:30am
- There will be tables and pop-ups set up for the event. Each participant will have the use of 1/2 of a 6 foot table to set up and show their horses. Not all horses have to be displayed at the same time.
- There will be a chance to paint model horses!
- If you have any questions, give us a call at (530) 273-8304, send us a message, or stop by the store
Class List & Rules:
Click here to download a PDF copy of the Class List & Rules
Original Finish Halter
- Light/Gaited Breeds (Morgans, MFT, ASB, etc.)
- Sport Breeds
- Spanish Breeds
- Draft Breeds
- Stock Breeds
Other Breeds (Any mixed breeds, Zebras,
Most Loved Model (Include a brief summary why this horse is special to you. This category is NOT eligible for Best of Show.)
(Painted at the event - 1 model per entrant)
- Painted by children 11 & under
- Painted by ages 12 through 18
- Other performance (Parade, racing, etc.)
Rules Of The Trail
- There is a $5.00 entry fee per person to show all day. Entrants are limited to the ages of 18 years or younger. Very young children are to be supervised at all times.
- There is a limit of TWO horses per exhibitor per class. Each horse may be shown in ONE class only. Choose the class that best represents the breed of your horse. If you are not sure what breed your horse is, ask the judge BEFORE the show begins. Customs are limited to ONE horse per entrant. Prepare your model before the class, place it and step away from the table.
Horses are not to wear any type of halter, blanket, leg wraps, or other equipment in Halter classes. Models are shown out of the box.
4. Models are encouraged to have a 1” hang tag attached to one rear leg with your name for identification purposes. This helps prevent someone else picking up your horse by mistake. Place the leg tag on the table blank side up.
- If you are showing in Performance, have your entries tacked up and ready to set up on the show table. Make sure your tack is fitted properly. You are encouraged to include documentation to explain exactly what your horse is doing in this class.
- DO NOT RUN in the show area. DO NOT pick up anyone else’s models.